A centre of excellence
The Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult is a centre of excellence in innovation, with the core purpose of building a world-leading cell and gene therapy sector in the UK as a key part of a global industry. Supported by Innovate UK, our mission is to drive the growth of the industry by helping cell and gene therapy organisations across the world translate early stage research into commercially viable and investable therapies. We are based on the 12th floor of Guy’s Hospital in central London, with over 120 cell and gene therapy experts, state-of-the art development and viral vector laboratories. We are also building a £55m large-scale GMP manufacturing centre to help bring cell and gene therapies to market in the UK and internationally.
The Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult vision is for the UK to be a global leader in the development, delivery and commercialisation of cell and gene therapy. Where businesses can start, grow and confidently develop cell and gene therapies, delivering them to patients rapidly, efficiently and effectively.
Our mission is to grow the industry in the UK to substantial and sustainable levels by:
- taking products into clinical trial, de-risking them for further investment;
- providing clinical expertise and access to NHS clinical partners;
- providing technical expertise and infrastructure to ensure products can be made to GMP and delivered cost effectively;
- providing regulatory expertise to ensure that products can get to the clinic safely, in the shortest amount of time;
- providing opportunities for collaboration, both nationally and globally; and
- providing access to business expertise, grants and investment finance so that commercially viable products are progressed and investable propositions are generated.