Format Choice and the Rationale behind this choice
The Expert Panels will be a mixture of actually panel discussion in the room, and excerps from pre-recorded interviews from PSC manufacturing experts worldwide. The unedited interviews will be posted on the website for Participants before the event to assist with narrative flow during the Panel.
This format is experimental, and your patience is requested, as we are trying to maximise the scientific value of the meeting and reduce the meetings overall carbon footprint. The Expert Panel event was scheduled immediately after the ISSCR2019 and ISCBI2019 meetings for this reason also.
• We are encouraging a focus on identifying challenges to PSC manufacturing and working to build consensus to tackle challenges in a united fashion.
• As time is limited, we are asking participants to not speak at length about their own work/company/institution except for where it is being used as an example/lesion for others when dealing with a common challenges. We are shooting for is an animated discussion about how we can tackle common challenges through collaboration.
• Participants should be let know that they are under no obligation to divulge sensitive information, the event should be considered public and due discretion should be exercised. Recordings of these discussions will be posted on member accessible webpages on the ISCT, ISCBI, HESI, GAIT and CIRM.
• All panel participants will be invited to review the meeting report arising from this meeting and be an author on same. Those in the audience that make contributions that advance the narrative will also be invited to contribute/review to the meeting report. It is thus important for all those in the audience speaking or asking a question should first identify themselves by name and institution prior to speaking so their contribution can be traced.
• We have striven to provide a diverse spectrum of experts to facilitate valuable discussion and cross-pollination of ideas. Edits from pre-recorded interviews will also be incorporated into panels from experts not able to attend in person and also to reduce the overall carbon footprint of this meeting. Meeting materials will only be made accessible to members of event organizers ISCT, CIRM, GAiT, ISCBI and HESI.